Junk in the Trunk
Location: W. 8th Street, in the parking lot between Firestone and Central National Bank, Junction City, Kansas.
(Across the street from Main Street Market)
Season: May – October
Dates: Third Saturday of the month
Schedule: 8:30 am – 1:00 pm
Want to get rid of your stuff?
Sell your garage sale items out of the trunk of your car, the bed of your trunk, or set up tables, or both!
Junk In The Trunk is part of Junction City Main Street Market. Vendors are encouraged to help promote the market and point shoppers towards the market when they are visiting your vehicle at Junk In The Trunk.
- Begins at 7:00 AM. All vehicles must be checked in and parked by 8:00 AM.
- Sellers must be setup and ready by 8:00 AM. The sale begins at 8:30 AM and ends at 1:00 PM.
- This event will run rain or shine. No-shows are discouraged and may not be able to participate in future events should this occur.
- If you have someone you want to set up near, please arrive at the same time so we can do our best to have you park next to each other.
- Vendor’s Vehicles will be positioned with one (1) full parking space for $10. If you choose, you may utilize another parking space for $10 to set up a canopied area.
- A limited (3 max) small foldable display tables and cloth racks are allowed. (i.e., maybe use your open car doors to hang clothes on etc.)
- One (1) pop-up tent is allowed
- Cashier checks can be made payable to Junction City Main Street with written description in the memo stating “Junk In The Trunk.” Checks may be dropped into the mailbox slot located at the Main Street office at 129 W 7th Street.
- Vehicles parked in the area of sales must remain until the end of the event. No vehicles will be allowed to drive into or out of the sale area after 8:00 AM, for safety reasons.
- Utility carts will NOT be available for heavier items. This will be the responsibility of the seller.
- We are anticipating the need for a waitlist, if you are unable to attend, please email us 72 hours before the event, thus your open space can be offered to others.
- Yugos to Ford 250s are allowed. No Semi-Trucks or flatbeds. Have fun, be creative, just do not be a hog for space!
- We will post banners to help guide perspective clients and neighbors, but we ask YOU to help promote this with your friends, family, and co-workers.
- Sellers are responsible for loading, unloading, and setting up their space. We do not provide tables, chairs, or tents for this event.
- Sellers are responsible for providing their own change bags, pricing of items, and collection of money. Please bring change and bags for purchases.
- Any unsold items must be loaded back up and removed from the area by 1:30 PM.
- Items for sale must be appropriate as this is a family event. We retain the right to ask you to remove items deemed inappropriate or offensive to the public. This includes weapons of any type, alcohol, and items that have profanity or are provocative.
- All items for sale must fit in the allowed parking space provided.
- Your space/vehicle must always be supervised. Main Street Market and/or the neighboring businesses are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items/vehicles.
- We do not allow the sale or distribution of any food or drink, to include samples.