Parade Information & Details
Parade starts at 10:00AM at the intersection of 10th & Washington. Parade will travel south to 6th Street, turn to the west to Jefferson and conclude at 8th Street. View the map here.
Spirit Rally to follow on 8th Street in-between Jefferson & Washington
This year’s theme will be announced soon. There is NO entry fee. We encourage you to be creative with the theme decorations and/or spirit decorations. Parade entries must be “family friendly” appropriate to be seen by all ages. Deadline to enter is September 22, 2023. You will receive an email with parade lineup instructions 1 week prior to the parade. Please complete and submit the parade entry form. If you have any questions, please contact Main Street at 785-209-3775.
- All motorized vehicle operators to include motorcycle, ATV, and scooter operators must abide by all City Ordinance and safety laws accordingly during ALL Parades in Junction City, Ks.
- Operators of all motorized vehicles to include motorcycles understand they will be ticketed for any violations of the law while in the parade. This includes any burnouts that may harm spectators from rubber or excessive smoke. Vehicle operators are subject to immediate removal from the parade if any Law Enforcement Officer feels they are in violation of the laws and that operator has endangered the safety of the bystanders at the parade, participants of the parade, or themselves.
- Motorized vehicles will be decorated with the parade theme or spirit theme. All restored vehicles must be in their finished stage. No unfinished restorations will be permitted to drive or be hauled though the parade.
- Walking entries need to keep up with the parade route. In the event of younger youth walking please help them by having wagons, strollers, or other forms of transportation for them to keep up.
- Throwing of candy and other items from the vehicles or floats is encouraged. Candy and other items may be passed out by participants walking at the edges of the parade route.
- Parade should not be held up by walkers handing out items. Floats and vehicles associated with walkers will continue to move down the parade route without leaving a gap. This may cause separation between the vehicle and associated walkers.
- At no time will entries stop to talk, greet, or perform during the route causing a gap in the parade. All performances should be choreographed to a nonstop forward motion.
- Please continue on Jefferson Street at the conclusion of the parade to designated area in the Main Street Market for the Spirit Rally.
- Paint the Town Blue organizers reserve the right to reject any application or entry at any time.