Come enjoy our family friendly, shop local events!
JCE101 Entrepreneurship & Business Class
October 20 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm CDT
One event on September 22, 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on September 26, 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on September 29, 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on October 3, 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on October 10, 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on October 13, 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on October 17, 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on October 20, 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on October 24, 2022 at 6:00 pm
Junction City Main Street is offering entrepreneurial classes to help individuals start or expand small businesses in the area. If you are serious about taking your business dream from concept to reality, this class will serve as an excellent resource.
Junction City Entrepreneur 101 (JCE 101) will be held annually each fall. This course is being funded by a grant from the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. Topics covered will include business plans, financing, insurance, legal structures, human resource management, daily operations, and much more.
Thanks to the generous financial support of Marion Ewing Kauffman Foundation, the course registration fee is $150. For those attendees who attend all of the 10 scheduled classes, the $150 will be fully refunded. The class will be limited to a maximum of 15 people due to the individualized attention required in JCE 101.
There will be an opportunity to compete for a First Time Investment Grant at the end of this course. It is the intent to award three $4,000 grants, but this could be modified based on demographics and number of attendees. Students will work on the Business Plan all throughout the course and “Pitch” their plans to a panel of judges who will award the grants the reception dinner on Monday, October 24th.
Class Schedule Below:
- Monday, September 19th | Overall Business & Business Plans Lecture by Nadia Arbelo, Kansas SBDC
- Thursday, September 22nd | Understanding the Regional Market & Market Research Lecture by Casey Woods, Emporia Main Street
- Monday, September 26th | Staying Legal – Having an Attorney & Accountant on your Team Lecture by Randy Gassman, Certified Public Accountant
- Thursday, September 29th | Business Field Trip
- Monday, October 3rd | Location & Insurance Protection Lecturers by Heath Welsh, JC State Farm & Nate Butler, Re/Max
- Thursday, October 6th | NO CLASS Show your community pride and go to JCHS Pre-Homecoming Activities!
- Monday, October 10th | Financing your Business Lecture by Lindsey Snider, Central National Bank followed by a bankers open House: Central National Bank, Exchange Bank, Intrust Bank, KS State Bank
- Thursday, October 13th | Employer/Employee Relations Lecturers by Justin Hoover & Matt Hoover, Geary Rehab & Fitness Center
- Monday, October 17th | Ecommerce & Marketing Lecture by Mat Casner, Redlogic Communications
- Thursday, October 20th | First Investment Competition It’s time to pitch those Business Plans!
- Monday, October 24th | Reception Dinner & Awards
For more information, download the full JCE101 Guideline and Class Schedule here.
SPACE IS LIMITED. REGISTER HERE.