Come enjoy our family friendly, shop local events!
Click here for an overview of Main Street Market Themes!
JCE101 Entrepreneurship & Business Class – 2023
September 15, 2024 @ 3:00 am CDT
Junction City Main Street is offering entrepreneurial classes to help individuals start or expand small businesses in the area. If you are serious about taking your business dream from concept to reality, this class will serve as an excellent resource.
Junction City Entrepreneur 101 (JCE 101) will be held annually each fall. This course is being funded by a grant from the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. Topics covered will include business plans, financing, insurance, legal structures, human resource management, daily operations, and much more.
Thanks to the generous financial support of Marion Ewing Kauffman Foundation, the course registration fee is $150. For those attendees who attend all of the 10 scheduled classes, the $150 will be fully refunded. The class will be limited to a maximum of 15 people due to the individualized attention required in JCE 101.
There will be an opportunity to compete for a First Time Investment Grant at the end of this course. It is the intent to award three $4,000 grants, but this could be modified based on demographics and number of attendees. Students will work on the Business Plan all throughout the course and “Pitch” their plans to a panel of judges who will award the grants the reception dinner on Monday, October 30th.
Class Schedule Below:
- Monday, September 18th | Entrepreneur Mindset Lecture by Jamie Peer & Jill Glasenapp, 4Defy Coaching
- Thursday, September 21st | Understanding the Regional Market & Market Research
- Monday, September 25th | Staying Legal – Having an Attorney & Accountant on your Team
- Thursday, September 28th | Business Field Trip
- Monday, October 2nd | Location & Insurance Protection Lecturers by Heath Welsh, JC State Farm & Nate Butler, Re/Max
- Thursday, October 5th | NO CLASS Join the community by volunteering to set up for the Oktoberfest.
- Monday, October 9th |Marketing, Social Media & ECommerce
- Financing your Business Lecture by Lindsey Snider, Central National Bank followed by a bankers open House: Central National Bank, Exchange Bank, Intrust Bank, KS State Bank
- Thursday, October 12th | Employer/Employee Relations
- Monday, October 16th | Financing your Business Lecture by Lindsey Snider, Central National Bank followed by a Bankers Open House:
- Thursday, October 19th | Business Planning and Pitch Workshop
- Monday, October 23rd | First Investment Pitch Competition
- Monday, October 30th | Reception Dinner & Awards
For more information, download the full JCE101 Guideline and Class Schedule here.
SPACE IS LIMITED. REGISTER HERE.