Come enjoy our family friendly, shop local events!
Click here for an overview of Main Street Market Themes!
- This event has passed.
Film 48 Competition
September 23, 2022 @ 7:30 pm - September 25, 2022 @ 7:30 pm CDT
All team members will be present and begin/end at the location above.
You do not need to remain at this location once filming begins.
Film 48 is a filmmaking competition. Teams are challenged to make a short (3-5) minute film in 48 hours or less. What teams have to do: write the script, plan out production, film and edit it together. This is a creative weekend for filmmakers or aspiring filmmakers of all abilities and ages!
Films will be judged in the categories of Best Overall Film, Best Acting,
and Best Design.
– There is no registration deadline and teams will be able to register at kickoff.
– $10 registration fee is due per team
– Official JCFILM48 t-shirts are not guaranteed for teams who register after September
– Each team completes registration either online, or at the Kick-Off Registration
– Teams are allowed 1-10 registered participants.
– If actors have 30 seconds or less screen time, they do not need to be registered.
– At the Kick-Off check-in, the team leader will:
– Receive Team Shirts (if eligible)
– Receive Film 48 Flash Drive.
– Pick two (2) genre’s out of a hat.
– Teams can choose either genre or combine them.
– The three (3) required prompts will be announced at the Kick-off
– Character name
– Line of Dialogue
– The clock will begin approximately 10 minutes after the prompts are read.
– The Submission Deadline for all films is exactly 48 hours from the start time.
– All submissions must meet the Submission Guidelines in order to be considered by
the judges. However, all submissions will be screened at the premiere regardless
of submission time.
● Film length: 3-5 minutes
● Includes all three required prompts.
● Format: MP4, AVI, MOV
● Submitted in-person and before the deadline.
● Includes required Title Cards (see attachment below)
● All footage must be shot within the Official Time Period of the project.
● Noticeably includes all prompts and a Downtown Junction City location.
● Addresses the chosen genre.
● Adheres to Film 48 content guidelines (see below).
We aim to be as inclusive and family-oriented as possible and therefore have adopted these
restrictions on submission content.
○ No blood/on-screen violence.
○ No sexual images, representations and/or acts.
○ No usage of drones.
– All teams are responsible for their own creative work and the means to accomplish
it. This can include but is not limited to:
– Writing the script
– Costume/Set Design
– Sound Design
– Outputting to a USB drive*
– Film 48 is not responsible for any copyright infringement. All teams are
responsible for the rights to the content they include within the film
– Film 48 will not provide any equipment and is not responsible for any equipment
participating teams use, rent or purchase.
– Participants must have permission to film on any private residence. Film 48 is not
responsible for acquiring permission for filming on any location.